Job Title: Deputy Managing Director
Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is the National Saving Scheme mandated by Government through the National Social Security Fund Act to provide social security services to private sector employees in Uganda. NSSF is also licensed by the Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority as a Retirement Benefits Scheme. NSSF is the largest social security services provider in Uganda covering all employees in the private sector working in enterprises that have five or more workers who are not covered by the Public service pension scheme. NSSF’s membership is now over 1.3 million members. The Pension sector is going through major regulatory changes which will lead to a significant impact on employees working with NSSF. NSSF has significantly positioned itself as a dynamic and customer-centric company to continue delivering quality services to the standards of the private sector. Growing at Ugx 50 billion a month plus current assets standing at Ugx 3 (three) trillion and with opportunities that the new social security legislation will present, the Fund is positioning Itself to remain the leading social security provider of choice.
Job Summary: The Deputy Managing Director will work in liaison with the Managing Director and other members of the Executive team in delivering the strategic intent of the Fund and ensure successful and effective implementation of the Fund’s long and short-term strategic and operational plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers strategic leadership in developing and implementing the Fund’s strategic plans in the three unit function areas of Human Resources, Marketing and Communication and Administration to achieve sustainable growth and profitability;
- Participates in the business review planning and forecasting process;
- Provides strategic direction and roadmap to Liberalisation to ensure compliance;
- Advises the Board on business plans and operational issues to communicate and lead implementation of the Board’s decision whilst ensuring that ail Board’s decisions are implemented;
- Directs and monitors performance of the three functional units against agreed performance targets;
- Take lead and manage the development and growth of NSSF’s brand and image;
- Maintains and develops organisational culture, values and reputation with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory bodies;
- Promotes sound corporate governance and ethical standards at all levels within all organization; and
- Supports the Managing Director in ensuring that the performance objectives and statutory or regulatory requirements of the Fund are achieved.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Deputy MD should hold a Bachelors degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any other related discipline from a recognized university plus a Masters Degree in Business management.
- The candidate must possess at least ten years’ working experience at a Head of Department of Directorate level in a large financial services related organisation.
- Prior experience in managing large and complex business organisations with a big workforce whose skills are diverse, familiarity with the current global and local regulatory environment for investment funds as well as a demonstrated ability to keep on top of developments in the pension sector globally will be desirable.
- High strategic orientation and team leadership skills;
- High levels of change and transformation skills;
- Significant experience in carrying out negotiations, conducting executive meetings and preparing concise reports;
- Ability to lead and inspire top management towards common goals;
- Good business understanding both locally and regionally and a strong international perspective;
- Proven management ability with a clean record of service; and
- Ability to initiate, lead and manage change.
How to Apply:
If you believe you fit the required profile and desire to work with NSSF, please send your applications in confidence to the address below. Please send your curriculum vitae (by post or email) containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional/academic certificates.
Please include day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, names and addresses of three references to: The People and Change Division Pricewaterhouse Coopers Limited 1 Colville Street P.O. Box 8053 Kampala, Uganda E-mail: email@example.com.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 24th January 2014
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline