Job Title: USP Intern
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Program Administrator
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
In 2004, the Government of Uganda granted a charter to Uganda Christian University – the highest level of national accreditation. UCU was the first private University to receive such a charter from the Government.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a cultural and practical guide to USP students, helping to familiarize them with life in Uganda as well as UCU, Mukono, Kampala and Uganda in general.
- Engage in formal and informal discussions with students regarding the issues they face in their studies and experiences in Uganda.
- Assist with travel preparation and follow up.
- Travel with students, assisting trip leader as necessary.
- Complete administrative tasks such as preparing and processing paper work and computer related tasks, etc.
- Assist Honours College Office to coordinate academic in-service activities such as leadership meetings, practicum sites, academic mentoring, etc.
- Attend to errands on campus, in Mukono, and in Kampala.
- Perform any other job roles as assigned by superiors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree from Uganda Christian University
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Committed Christian with high integrity and work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, visitors and staff
- Travel in Uganda and East Africa.
- Work irregular hours (outside normal office hours) as needed, including evenings and early mornings.
- Work long day and overtime; compensation will be given in the form of time-off.
in Mukono town for the duration of the contract/offer.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references.
Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
The Director of Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
Po Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 20th December 2013 by 5:00p.m.