Job Title: Senior Database Analyst
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Information Technology
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to formulate policies and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all procuring and disposing entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Database Analyst will design, develop and oversee implementation of ICT business systems in the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement user-friendly business-related applications using advanced technology platforms.
- Review the existing ICT systems to align them to the changing business needs of the Authority.
- Code, debug, test, and document the developed application programs.
- Support databases and in house developed applications including the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Procurement Performance Measurement System (PPMS) and Register of Providers (ROP).
- Responsible for integration of internal and external management information across an entire organization and definition of application development standards, installation procedures and processes.
- Develop and maintain Web applications as identified by Management through packaged and customized applications.
- Supervise development of database-driven web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing and external web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information.
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications and ensure appropriate internal systems are integrated.
- Prepare user and administrator manuals for software projects undertaken.
- Train users regarding the technical aspects and use of standard software packages.
- Prepare reports to the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Honours degree in information Technology or Computer Science, or Business Administration specializing in Business computing from a recognized University.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience from a reputable organization.
- A post graduate Diploma in information Technology, or Computer Science.
- Hold a current professional Certification from the major industry leader e.g. MCAD or MCSD or MCPD or ITIL etc is a requirement. CCNA or Linux certifications will be added advantage.
- Excellent programming skills in .NET framework, Java, Ms Visual studio, PHP, MYSQL, HTML etc.
- Database management and ability to Program using Oracle, SQL and other database development tools.
- Good experience in ERP systems.
- Ability to develop, deploy and manage network and web based applications.
- Proficiency in the use of Internet related applications e.g. Web Browsers.
- Good project management skills.
- High levels of integrity and professionalism
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent team ethic
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their applications with clearly marked envelopes with “Application for the Post of Senior Database Analyst.” The applications should include three (3) professional references are required. Independent reference checks will be conducted.
A detailed CV including a hand-written application letter, copies of academic certificates and 2 current photographs of the applicant should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
5th Floor, UEDCL Tower
Plot 37/39, Nakasero Road
P.O. Box 3925,
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 20th December 2013 at 5.00 p.m.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline