Job Title: Senior Accountant
Organisation: Hospice Africa Uganda (HAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Since 1993, Hospice Africa Uganda (HAU) has promoted modern methods of pain and symptom control as well as holistic care for patients living with cancer and HIV/AIDs. HAU strives to uphold excellent clinical standards and provide quality education courses and advocacy activities to promote the spread of palliative care throughout Uganda and Africa. Hospice Africa Uganda has a head office in Kampala and field offices in Hoima and Mbarara.
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant will oversee, coordinate the accounting functions and communicate as required by HAU policies and donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct bank reconciliation statements are prepared and properly approved.
- Manage the financial system to offer accurate and timely information to ensure funds are allocated as per the budget
- Review and authorize all financial transactions posted into computerized accounting systems.
- Prepare timely donor financial reports.
- Communicate HAU financial policies, procedures and guidelines to staff and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in the budget monitoring and control system
- Collect, collate and summarise the organizational income and use of funds and other statistics and financial information to be readily availed to those who require it.
- Develop and maintain appropriate book keeping for the different activities.
- Ensure there is a system in place for keeping individual and corporate donors informed of work progress.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with professional qualifications i.e. ACCA, CPA or CIMA or any other related discipline.
- At least eight years of relevant experience in a related role
- Prior experience in and NGO work environment will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably and qualified candidates with the necessary credentials are required to hand deliver , E-mail or post a typed cover letter with and updated CV indicating three professional referees to: The Head Human Resource and Administration Director, Hospice Africa Uganda, Plot 130, Makindye Rd, Opposite Makindye Country Club, P.O. Box 7757, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 23rd December, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline