Job Title: Promotion and Training Officer
Organisation: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: COE Coordinator
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) was established by statutory mandate in 1991 following the liberalization of the coffee industry. The Statute mandates UCDA to: “oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling the quality and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to farmers”. UCDA is implementing the Robusta Coffee Centre of Excellence Project with support from aBi Trust. The COE Project is aimed at developing a sustainable coffee value chain through development of technologies, innovations and promotion of best practices along the coffee value chain, exploring best practices in coffee, conducting specific research to provide accurate information, and carrying out demonstration activities with the view of improving household incomes, and creating a coffee culture. The COE will offer recognized expertise and experience to benefit members of the coffee sector, and also demonstrate the best coffee practices.
Job Summary: The Promotion and Training Officer will be responsible for market research and training programs, and promote a culture of excellence in order to improve the image of Ugandan coffees and exploit fine Robusta and sustainable niches.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out research on sustainability markets and trends, and develop strategies for marketing and increasing exports of fine and speciality coffees.
- Promote a ‘coffee by origin’ mentality through competitions at different levels of the coffee value chain.
- Organise trainings for sector players on best practices and innovations and disseminate information on available market opportunities.
- Coordinate the activities of the COE visitors’ centre, organise coffee shows and exhibitions, and cupping events.
- Promote a coffee drinking culture among different stakeholders in the domestic market.
- Manage an interactive COE website for purposes of promoting Uganda’s speciality and fine coffees and information dissemination of Uganda’s coffees.
- Prepare activity reports and submit them to the COE Coordinator as per reporting guidelines
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Education, Marketing, Business Administration, OR equivalent qualifications.
- Additional training of Trainers qualifications will be added advantage.
- A minimum of two years working experience in market research and promotion, or training.
- Excellent marketing skills;
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills;
- Good report writing and communication skills;
- Good training skills;
- Computer and information management skills.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application, curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic transcripts, and telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees to; Principal Human Resource Officer, UCDA Coffee House, Plot 35 Jinja Road, P.O. Box 7267, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail applications should be sent to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 31st December 2013 by 5pm