Job Title: Assistant Systems Administrator
Organization: Bishop Stuart University (BSU)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Bishop Stuart University (Recognized and licensed by the National Council for Higher Education) is a Church of Uganda founded private University located within Mbarara Municipality. The University has a student enrollment of about 5000 with over 45 Academic programs accredited by NCHE and has got international linkages to boost its quality education.
Job Summary: The Assistant Systems Administrator assists the Systems Administrator to execute the overall duties associated with the Systems Administrator activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Systems Administrator will;
- Monitor and maintain availability, performance and security of systems software, hardware and related applications.
- Analyse, install, configure and maintain operating, network and other systems software and utilities, servers and other hardware and related applications systems.
- Adds, removes and integrates software and hardware into existing systems.
- Implement computer software and hardware licensing, warranty and vendor service agreements.
- Applies system updates and configuration changes.
- Maintain data recoverability.
- Implements data backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Respond to security breaches, service interruptions, and other critical situations to re-establish system functionality.
- Respond to complex technical and workstation support requests from users and technical staff.
- Participate in planning for system development and expansion.
- Participates in systems software and/or hardware projects.
- Manage projects of limited scope or portions of large and/or complex projects. He/she May guide technical staff on a project basis.
- Perform any other task assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess an Upper second (Hons) Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, I.T, or Computer Engineering. Any professional industrial certifications such as CCNA, MCSE, etc. is an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience in Networking / IT
NB: Please note; shortlisted candidates should be prepared for both practical and oral interviews.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit five copies of the application letter, together with the latest copy of their Curriculum Vitae and their academic documents (clearly labeled with the position being applied for) to the address below:
The University Secretary,
Bishop Stuart University,
P. O. Box 09,
Deadline: 7th January 2014