Job Title: Financial Controller
Organisation: Frank Management Consult Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and implementation of financial controls
- Responsible for Cash flow management,
- Tax compliance
- Reviewing of monthly income and expenditure
- Reviewing monthly management accounts
- Reviewing of audit files
- Approve all payment vouchers for overhead expenses.
- Approve bank payments for overheads expenses, loans, refunds and salaries.
- Administer all bank accounts for the operation.
- Maintain and manage daily cash flows.
- Request funding from head office based on daily cash flow maintenance.
- Supply head office finance with necessary cash flow information.
- Reviews cashbooks and petty cashbooks prepared by subordinates.
- Ensure all cashbooks are submitted timeously to head office for review.
- Review and sign of all bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate and complete annual budgets and monthly forecasts for the country operations within the group requirements.
- Calculate, complete and submit all necessary forms relating to provisional tax, withholding tax and income tax.
- Complete and submit all necessary forms relating to income tax.
- Calculate and submit all necessary forms relating to VAT.
- Ensure that all tax payments are made timeously.
- Ensure that company complies with all necessary taxes.
- Ensure all tax computations are in line with the income tax act.
- Assist with making strategic tax decisions relating to the countries operations.
- Coordinate and liaise with external auditors.
- Ensure audits are completed within group audit time lines.
- Reporting on finance related matters at weekly In-country Exco’s and monthly country Manco’s.
- Supervision of subordinates.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with completed articles with exposure to tax compliance
- Must be holder of CPA (U)
- At least 5 years financial management experience at a managerial level.
- Financial accounting experience gained in a multi-national/ international operating environment in a financial services environment will be advantageous.
- Willing to travel
- Be a self starter.
- Good analytical skills and assertive.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above minimum requirements, urgently send your cv to;
Frank Management Consult Limited,
Nyaku House 1st Floor, Argwings Kodhek Road
Deadline: Friday, 27th December 2013