Job Title: Manager, Credit Approval Team
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Credit
DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Manager Credit will manage and support a team that assesses credit risk, reviews and takes decisions on individual credit applications, improves quality of credit assessment and mitigate credit risk within dfcu bank in order to grow quality assets, book and minimize losses in line with the bank’s targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop a Credit Approval team to transfer skills through on job training, coaching, mentoring and ensure staff harmony to improve performance.
- Manage appropriate preparation of credit approvals for Board Credit Committee
- Ensure compliance with internal credit policies and Central Bank guidelines and regulations on prudential norms, failure of which the bank can incur losses as a result of penalties
- Evaluate and structure credit facilities within USD 350,000 appropriately to book quality deals priced to cover all embedded costs under the risk reward trade-off to achieve the Bank’s disbursement target and grow quality portfolio and minimize losses.
- Manage appropriate preparation of Internal Credit Committee meetings.
- Manage adequate turnaround time according to the Service Level Agreements with business.
- Share knowledge and conduct training on credit assessment throughout DFCU bank.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Economics and Finance or any other related discipline.
- Additional credit certification
- ACIB or similar professional qualification
- At least five years of relevant experience in financial institution with three years in credit risk management.
- Good Agricultural knowledge or affinity with agricultural sector as a pre-requisite.
- Good understanding of internal credit policies and Financial Institutions Act (FIA).
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Excel and Word.
- Good financial risk analysis skills
- Additional experience and or professional qualification in Business, Investment and Project Appraisal
- Good decision making skills
- Experience in leadership and managing a team of specialists
- Excellent hard work, self motivation and a highly results-oriented person
- Excellent interpersonal skills i.e. both written and oral
- Basic legal knowledge and daily market trend knowledge.
How to Apply:
All candidates with the necessary credentials are required to send a cover letter, CV with the relevant copies of academic certificates to the: Head of Human Resources, dfcu Bank, 2nd Floor, Jinja Road, P.O. Box 70, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 31st December, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline