Job Title: Agriculture Development Manager
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Agribusiness
DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Agriculture Development Manager will be responsible for the innovation, growth and building a portfolio quality agricultural banking relationships for DFCU by developing various lending & saving agricultural products and doing a proactive and value adding role in order to provide access to financial services towards players along focus agricultural value chains in Uganda such as input suppliers, farmers, processors, traders and exporters among others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a wide range of agriculture lending and saving products e.g. outgrower schemes, collection finance, input finance, equipment finance and farmer’s savings account.
- Offer technical support and supervise a group of Agriculture Officers at branch level with agribusiness
- Support the business with structuring agricultural and trade related deals.
- Collect and disseminate agriculture sector knowledge according a standard format and describing the specifics of each crop, risk analysis, seasons, financial opportunities to exploit, etc
- Acquire new agricultural customers active in processing, production and / or trade.
- Develop monitoring tools for the dedicated agriculture finance products.
- Also develop and MIS tool that captures profitability, performance and exposure of the agriculture portfolio classified by the different products, crops and client segments.
- Roll out a training programme for agriculture related staff for sector knowledge, agriculture lending and saving products and credit monitoring.
- Manage agriculture related guarantee funds
- Coordinate any capacity building projects for farmers and cooperatives which will be centrally managed by the Rabobank Foundation.
- Assist in the identification of training and development requirements of the entire Business Unit.
- Present findings and works with the Business Unit Leader and other key bank personnel so as to design and implement training and development initiatives that will continuously upgrade the skills and capabilities of personnel in the business unit and DFCU as a whole.
- Offer leadership and development collaborations with all functional business units to achieve strategic, tactical and project goals.
- Drive a team-oriented, client-driven team whilst motivating them and coaching the subordinates and peers.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a University Degree in Agricultural Economics or Agribusiness
- At least three years of relevant experience
- Skills in financial analysis and credit assessment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. MS Word and MS Excel.
- Credit Analysis Management and Loan Structuring Skills
- Good relationship building and management skills
- Prior banking background preferably in Trade & Commerce Finance would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated awareness of the Agricultural sector particularly trends in farm management, government policies and projects, latest innovative trends and comprehensive understanding of commercial agriculture
- Good understanding of the Agriculture sector in Uganda and its economic factors which influence the business needs of the market
- Ability to recommend new products for development in relation to customer feedback through the relations managed.
- The applicant should possess the ability to assess business risks particularly those targeting the agricultural niche.
- Excellent selling skills
- Good communication skills
- Possess the ability to recommend appropriate financial structure for various business models
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills i.e. Good team player, time management skills, etc.
How to Apply:
All candidates with the necessary credentials are required to send a cover letter, CV with the relevant copies of academic certificates to the: Head of Human Resources, dfcu Bank, 2nd Floor, Jinja Road, P.O. Box 70, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 31st December, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline