Job Title: Several Credit Officers – Individual Lending
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Administrator
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 31 networked branches countrywide and 4 contact offices; regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for mature and experienced individuals to fill the vacancy above. These are dream career opportunities for highly dynamic, creative and innovative astute performers within the financial sector with a passion for growth.
Job Summary: The Credit Officers - Individual Lending will all be responsible for recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients' homes and business to assess credit worthiness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Credit Officer will be marketing the Individual lending product.
· Responsible for Client mobilization, sensitization and training.
· Preparation of credit applications for credit committees according to policy.
· Loan disbursement according to policy.
· Do follow- up and recovery of loans according to policy.
· Ensure proper filing of all Individual Lending documentation.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should possess a Diploma in Commerce, Development Economics, Economics, Development studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Financial Services and Business Computing, International Business, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Social Science, SWASA, Education, Microfinance, Adult and Community Education, Community Psychology or in any other relevant / related field.
· All candidates should possess two principle passes at A' Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at Ordinary Level.
· All candidates who possess at least one year’s experience will possess an added advantage.
· Excellent customer awareness and good emotional intelligence skills
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· The applicant should be willing to work in any part of the country.
· Fluency in commonly used local languages in Uganda.
Age: Less than 27 years of age.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet our requirements, have the necessary skills and experience, you desire to succeed and make a difference, then apply indicating your current salary, salary expectation and attach a detailed CV, copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates, postal address, names of three professional referees and a daytime telephone contact to: The Head Human Capital Management, Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI), Victoria Office Park, Block B, Bukoto, Plot 6-9 Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala - Uganda Tel: +256 414 346297/346930/258150, +256 312 262365/6 Fax: +256 414 346 147 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Monday, 6th January 2014.