Job Title: Social Behaviour Change Specialist
Organisation: Concern WorldWide
Project: Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture and Nutrition (RWANU)
Duty Station: Moroto Town, Karamoja, Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an Irish-based non-governmental, international, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Concern Worldwide Uganda is implementing a USAID-funded PL 480 Title II Development Food Aid programme called "Resiliency through Wealth, Agriculture and Nutrition RWANU") in Karamoja. RWANU will focus on two strategic objectives to reduce food insecurity among vulnerable rural populations in selected sub-counties in 4 districts of Karamoja: (1) Improved availability and access to food and (2) reduced malnutrition in pregnant and lactating mothers and children under five.
Job Summary: The Social Behaviour Change Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of the Social and Behaviour Change Strategy and to translate the strategy into an action plan. In addition, the Social Behaviour Change Specialist role will be to develop the necessary components of this plan and to coordinate the implementation of the plan in Karamoja.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Social Behaviour Change Specialist must possess a relevant university degree or equivalent in Health related field
- A minimum of five years' experience in social behaviour change in a challenging environment, preferably with an international NGO.
- The applicant should be proficient in Ngakarimajong and English, both oral and written;
- Prior experience in developing and implementing social and behaviour change communication strategies and materials;
- Experience in nutrition technical knowledge;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates excellent training/facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated experience in working in partnership with local government and Ministry of Health Staff;
- Familiarity with Mother Care Groups;
- Extensive skills in data analysis software.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs (max 4 pages) with a covering letter, copies of relevant certificates, with day time contacts, names and addresses of three (3) work related referees. 'The applications should be sent and addressed to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, Kampala or via email to: email@example.com.
NB: Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Concern is an equal opportunities & corruption intolerant employer. We actively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 20th December, 2013