Job Title: Coordinator Laboratory Services
Organisation: The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Medical & Psychosocial
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) headquartered at Mulago hospital, is a comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment organization that supports the treatment and care of HIV infected and affected Children and Adults. Baylor – Uganda has four operational areas; HIV/AIDS care, treatment and prevention services, maternal child health services, Health Professional training and Clinical Research.
Job Summary: The Coordinator Laboratory Services will primarily develop and monitor the implementation of systems and guidelines for providing laboratory services at the Head office, and all Baylor-Uganda supported regions in line with the Baylor Uganda’s mission
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor the implementation of Baylor Uganda laboratory standard operating procedures/tools in line with the Baylor Uganda’s mission.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of periodic consolidated Baylor Uganda laboratory work plan and budget and as well the integration of Laboratory activities in the Districts/health facility plans and budgets in line with the various projects objectives and Baylor Uganda financial guidelines
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the laboratory capacity building program in Baylor Uganda supported regions based on clear identified needs i.e. training, mentorship, and support supervision in line with the various projects objectives and MOH guidelines
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the laboratory performance using the balance score card and the performance monitoring plan and produce periodic consolidated reports in line with the various projects objectives
- Develop and monitor a system for continuous quality improvement and safety for all laboratory activities in line with MOH Laboratory Quality Improvement Program guidelines.
- Develop the laboratory procurement plans and provide technical support in procurement of laboratory supplies, and equipments and monitor their distribution and utilization in all Baylor-Uganda laboratory activities in line with Baylor- Uganda procurement policy.
- Review and provide technical assistance on laboratory aspects of operational research and participate in presentations and publications in line with the Baylor Uganda Research standards operating procedures
- Develop and maintain partnership with key stakeholders including organizations that support laboratory capacity building, supplies and equipments, and monitor the shipping, clearance and delivery of the donations
- Develop and maintain a competent & motivated “team of laboratory staff” through implementing HR support activities the in line with the Human resources manual.
- Develop a system for initiating and monitoring the accreditation program for approved district laboratory Hubs in all Baylor Uganda supported regions and at the Head office while maintain the expected standards in line with agreed upon accreditation standards.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Master’s degree in Immunology or any Laboratory Related course
- Minimum of five years’ experience in laboratory related activities and at least three years of Managerial experience.
- Good working knowledge in MOH Laboratory Quality Improvement Program guidelines, WHO AFRO SLMTA accreditation standards, and CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program.
- Readiness to spend 75% of your time in regions support and supervise all Baylor-Uganda laboratory services and operations
- Customer care skills
- Good Team ethic
- Highly focused and observant
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Proficient use of automated laboratory instrumentation.
Age: Between 25-35 years
How to Apply:
All those interested in the above vacancy should please send their applications to the address below. Attach an update and detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees, copies of professional/Academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. You must have at least a credit 6 in MATH and ENGLISH. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
The Human Resource Manager, Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation- Uganda Block 5 Mulago Hospital, P.O. Box 72052 Clock Tower, Kampala, Uganda. Tel: +256-417-119200/100 EMAIL: applications@baylor-Uganda.org
Deadline: Friday, 20th December 2013 by 4pm