Job Title: Head of Customer Experience -AVP - 00140468
Organisation: Barclays Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Liabilities
About Barclays Africa:
Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Barclays Africa serves its 2.8m customers through a network of 573 branches and service centres providing a variety of traditional financial products including retail mortgages, current and deposit accounts, commercial lending, unsecured lending, credit cards, treasury and investments.
Job Summary: The Head of Customer Service will be responsible for the design and delivery of the Consumer Banking Customer Experience strategy to support the achievement of the country’s segment and product line objectives, as well as the Barclays Africa Retail Strategy.The role holder will develop and monitor the customer experience processes for each segment and/or product line.
The customer experience strategy encapsulates the following areas:
- Products: Current Accounts, Transactional Accounts, Savings Accounts, Fixed & Call Deposit Accounts
- Segments: Premier, Premier Life, SME, La Riba( Islamic Banking), Standard, Mass Market
- Channels: Branch network, Digital – Hello Money, Internet Banking, Barclays Mobile Banking, Barclays Tablet Banking and any other channels the bank may launch.
- The role holder will be required to provide portfolio management and relationship deepening expertise to segments and the branch network.
- The role holder will ensure the balance sheet and fee income targets relating to portfolio management and relationships deepening are met. He / She will make recommendations on the implementation of product/segment/channel line strategy to maximise income and effectively manage the portfolio.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Business Direction 20%
- Understand customer segmentation & customer needs and assist to develop customer experience journeys to deliver the customer value propositions.
- Assist to identify the key lines of cost and income, and the levers we have to control costs and income. Set the strategy according to these levers to achieve the specified Liabilities performance targets
2. Customer Experience 40%
- Develop, monitor and review Customer On boarding processes across our segments.
- Use customer research to analyse customer needs and expectations and make recommendations on how to meet these.
- Continuously review E2E processes e.g. account opening to identify any gaps for closure in line with our vision of becoming the “Go To Bank.
- Design new processes to improve customer experience and satisfaction.
- Review customer complaints and ensure timely resolution. Conduct root cause analyses to identify areas for review and resolution.
- Identify, implement and evaluate projects which will have a high impact on customer experience.
- Manage the impact of business changes on customer experience and monitor customer reactions to any such changes.
- Work with the Cluster Service Managers to ensure the coordinated implementation and monitoring of the customer experience strategy and processes across our distribution network.
- Ensure up-to-date competitor, market data and other industries data on customer experience models (locally and internationally) are maintained and appropriate recommendations are done to keep BBK ahead of competition.
- Work together with the Consumer Channels team to support the uptake and usage of Digital Channels.
- Continually audit and monitor customer experience, and ensure the implementation of a customer experience dashboard
- Support Product Managers and other departments as required ensuring appropriate marketing campaigns are conducted in support of new products or product enhancements, based on customer insights.
- Implement governance, risk, compliance and control in line with Barclays group policies.
- Ensure all our processes adhere to the Consumer Protection Guidelines and TCF principles.
3. Portfolio Management 40%
- Manage customer relationship deepening and satisfaction through proposition value enrichment and timely cross sell program rollouts
- Stimulate acquisitions, x-sell and up sell activity via innovative campaigns and contests.
- Make recommendations to Product Managers on product pricing and feature changes to support the growth of the Liabilities portfolio.
- Monitor segment, sales channel and product portfolio performance against key measures including product penetration and P&L performance. Report results with recommendations about performance.
- Monitor any fee income leakages and work together with Product Managers to close these gaps.
- Make recommendations to Segment Heads on activities to improve Liabilities performance.
- Produce regular reporting and stakeholder feedback for each segment, sales channel and product portfolio identifying key trends and performance indicators in line including customer behavior, acquisition and attrition rates, fee income growth and margins.
- Recommend changes to align with changing customer behavior and market conditions.
- Work with the Analytics team to ensure regular management information is provided to local branches and key stakeholders in support of agreed relationship deepening activities.
- Work to develop the management information and reporting for central use to support the analysis required for improved Liabilities portfolio performance.
- Actively manage activation and revival of low balance accounts, zero balance accounts and overdrawn.
- Implement, manage and monitor a zero balance accounts policy including periodic closure of these accounts.
- Develop a Liabilities Customer Retention Plan to ensure the controlled management of attrition and to support the business strategy to retain our customers and keep growing business from them.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess a good first degree (e.g. BA, BSC, B.Comm)
- Good Presentation skills
- Good working Knowledge of banking products and the manner in which systems support them.
- Knowledge of banking processes.
- Broad understanding of product offerings in the wider financial services industry.
- Good understanding of customer segmentation.
- Good understanding of legislation related to financial services and channel delivery
- Computer literacy skills i.e. competency in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
- Highly developed analytical skills, problem solving and planning abilities
- Good Communication skills both written and oral
- Strong numerical skills for calculation of statistics, figures and targets and understanding of performance drivers
- Strong team player, sell new ideas, build and maintain key relationships and with the ability to influence.
- Self motivated and results orientated
- Strong business awareness
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th December, 2013