Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Belgian Development Agency (BTC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative and Financial Officer
BTC is the Belgian Development Agency which works with several Government ministries which are implementing the bilateral cooperation between Belgium and Uganda.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will primarily be responsible for a variety of administrative related tasks and responsibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive visitors and make sure reception is attended to at all times.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail (e-mails, letters, etc); print copies if need be, register, file, transfer of signatories.
- Assist with the administrative organization of missions (hotel reservations, travel documents, appointments, Visa, work permits and availability of vehicles.
- Manage general interest e-mails, write standard letters and direct incoming calls.
- Organize meetings (sending invitations, reservations, etc) and drafting meeting reports.
- Share reports / documents to persons concerned (partners and projects).
- Type certain letters / documents and send out E-mail messages, memos and letters.
- Offer general administrative support i.e. make copies, scan documents, draw up and transfer certain forms, record CDs and send faxes.
- Input leave / holidays and mission days into the central organizational schedule for BTC.
- Manage petty cash transactions
- Responsible for stores management
- Prepare VAT claims and make VAT returns
- Prepare and monitor watchmen schedule
- Maintain records of all transactions and raise necessary payments whilst ensuring proper coding and amounts as per the allocated budgets.
- Supervise the work of the drivers, guards and gardeners.
- Follow up on the use of water, electricity and fuel on generator and maintain a record of monthly consumption to support reimbursement and improve accountability.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a diploma or its equivalent in a relevant study field.
- He/she should hold have at least a short cycle higher-studies (graduate) preferably in Business Administration
- At least two to three years’ experience in clerical/accounting and administrative tasks.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- English proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and good team player
- Possess the ability to work under stressful conditions.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal candidate and desire a career in the Belgian Development Agency, please send your application letter and resume / CV plus copies of your academic certificates and three professional referees to: The Resident Representative, BTC, P.O. Box 40131, Kampala, Uganda or hand deliver directly to: Lower Kololo Terrace, Plot 1B, Kampala, Uganda. NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday, 20th December 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline