Organisation: Umeme Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref: CCD 11
Reports to: General Manager or Business Services Manager, Capital and Contracts Division
Umeme Limited is an Electricity Distribution Company listed on the Uganda and Nairobi Securities Exchange, with Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund as a majority investor. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, managing over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors, including the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC), a UK Government owned company.
Job Summary: The PA and Administration Assistants will be responsible for the general administration activities and/or duties of Personal Assistant, independently and under instruction from one or more colleagues, to support and ensure effective, efficient and compliant operation of the Division.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and/or supervise administrative duties in line with good office practice
- Handle logistical issues, including ordering supplies, completing forms, handling mail and incoming and outgoing paperwork.
- Develop and maintain filing and reference systems in order to access information in a timely manner.
- Check and confirm compliance with routine processes within the Division.
- Organise meetings and schedule appointments.
- Facilitate communication channels with other departments as well as external organizations and individuals.
- Work with colleagues to support the delivery of consistently high standards of operation and achievement of targets within the Division.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold any Bachelor’s Degree
- Good knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience in an administrative role is advantageous
- Capable and competent in general administrative duties with a professional and common sense approach to carrying out tasks to conclusion and to a high standard of efficiency.
- Disciplined, flexible and willing approach towards work.
- Excellent ability to prioritise and multi-task the tasks that are assigned.
- Ability to work to meet time deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to make judgment calls, maintain confidentiality and work independently.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders and staff at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal candidate and desire a career in Umeme, please send your application and CV clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. UMEME is an equal opportunity employer: Any influence-peddling will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: Friday, 20th December 2013 by 5:00p.m.