Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Lira, Kamuli, Uganda
Project Name: Equity and Quality in Education Project (EQE)
Funding Source: Educate a Child (EAC)
Reports to: Project Manager
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children's development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
About EQE Project:
Plan Uganda received funding from Educate a Child (EAC) to implement a four-year project in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) through the District Education Offices in Lira and Kamuli. The Project aims to support 60,000 out of school children (OOSC) to enroll and stay in school over a four-year duration with a special focus on girls, children with disabilities, children affected by conflict, children living in extreme poverty and orphans.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing programme activities to achieve project outcomes in line with donor procedures and targets.
- Proactively implement action plans that will improve enrollment and school retention of Out Of School Children.
- Manage agreed project operation on a day-to-day basis including planning and problem solving tasks and escalation to the Project Manager of risks to achieving project goals or deadlines
- Ensure that the project plan is adhered to against timelines under the guidance to the Project Manager.
- Ensure Plan’s Child Protection Policy and guidelines are followed in line with project implementation.
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of progress reports on the learning arising from the project and organize regular district specific performance review meetings.
- Perform any other tasks in accordance to the project expectations.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Education, Gender Studies, Social Sciences, Law or Human Rights or its equivalent
- Prior experience in working with community organizations, schools and district local government structures
- A minimum of five years’ experience in coordination school-based education projects and staff with technical expertise in Equity and Quality in Education Project
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in both written and spoken English and one of the working languages i.e. Lusoga for Kamuli and Luo for Lira.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of community and school score cards will be highly advantageous
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should submit electronic copies (of not more than 2MB) of letters of application, together with a CV, Contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history should be included and sent to the undersigned.
The Country Human Resources Manager, Plan Uganda Email: email@example.com
NB: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 30th January, 2014.
As a child centered development organization, Plan strives to ensure that children are kept safe in all the areas we operate. The organization further has a child protection policy that every staff is required to sign. Potential candidates will be required to provide information confirming whether or not they have ever been convicted of any child abuse crimes.
Deadline: 20th December, 2013