Job Title: Data Manager
Organisation: FHI 360
Project / Program: Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, °catty driven solutions. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world
FHI 360 — Uganda is seeking qualified candidates for the Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC) five year program designed to support the GOU and partners to design and implement quality heath communication interventions to contribute to reduction in HIV Infections, total fertility, maternal & child mortality, malnutrition, malaria & tuberculosis. CHC aims to achieve this through the use of innovative approaches, capacity strengthening, increased collaboration among partners, and rigorous research and knowledge management for health communication.
Job Summary: The Data Manager will offer technical support in all project data collection activities with emphasis on formulating and enforcing proper data collection practices. S/he will develop data collection and evaluation methodologies, including format design. project criteria and requirements, data compilation, relevancy and usage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and ensure data system is operational, with appropriate public/limited access portals
- Offer access to IPs and regional offices to submit data
- Assists the M&E and Research officers, IPs and regional offices with set-up, testing, and implementation of data collection and management software
- Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues
- Perform procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Determine completeness and adequacy of the data collection procedure
- Understand and ensure confidentiality law and standards
- Conduct data review analyses and develop ad-hoc reports as necessary
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Master's degree in data management, statistics, or a related quantitative field;
- The candidate should possess 3-5 years data management and data quality assurance experience; Strong quantitative and analytic skills
- Computer proficiency skills i.e. word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, Stata, and Ms Access;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access essential;
- Expertise in data management software
- At least one year experience in each of the following: Large research projects, Data Analysis/ Management, Statistics;
- Experience managing data entry staff is a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume by email to: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate Job Title in email subject line or on top of envelope.
Deadline: 20th September, 2013