Job Title: Social Media Executive
Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: MIUL/05/09/SME/SALES/2013
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager – Marketing
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Job Summary: The Social Media Executive manage social media activities of the Group thorough website update, design and layout; update of Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and other social media platforms so as to increase awareness of Company brands
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing a social media strategy under guideline of General Manager – Marketing representing
- Monitor the social talks about any positive or negative feedback about the Company and then follow up with relevant feedback. Encourage individuals for positive feedback and try to appease unhappy customers.
- Updating social media sites – website, social platform pages like You Tube, Facebook, Twitter etc. on a daily basis with timely and positive message representing our mission, vision and core values.
- Monitoring trends and encouraging adoption of social media tools.
- Monitoring the social talks on all types of media (electronic, print etc) and report any information about the company.
- Develop brand and industry related stories, news items and tips from internal and external sources for posting on website and social media pages.
- Implementing and overseeing social media campaigns.
- Write interesting articles or blog postings on topics relevant to the Company or industry, identifying and developing blog posts, recruiting and developing other bloggers and blog editors.
- Measure the effectiveness of different social media channels manager using tools like Twitter Counter, Google Analytics etc. to measure click - throughs and traffic activity.
- Engage in industry conferences, chats, blogs, wikis, video sharing etc. to promote corporate messaging and increase brand awareness.
- Provide feedback on public opinions, complaints and conversations surrounding the brand in the public sphere.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Information Technology or any other related field;
- He / She should possess at least two years work experience in managing and developing various social media platforms.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating contact details of three (3) referees should to be sent via post or hand delivered to: The Human Resource Department, Mukwano Group of Companies, P. O. Box 2671, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail applications can also be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly quote the job reference as subject of your E-mail. Attachments should not exceed 2 MB.
NB: Only successful candidates w shortlisted and contacted not later than two (2) weeks after deadline.
Deadline: 30th September, 2013