Job Title: Research Consultants / Firms
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: RME Manager
Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare across every district of Uganda. We aim to contribute 15 points to Uganda's contraceptive prevalence rate by 2015, saving and improving many thousands of Ugandan lives. For over 15 years, Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) has prided itself on providing a wide range of high quality, affordable and client-centred services to men, women and young people. Our 340 team members work in every district of Uganda and provide approximately 35% of all modern contraception, the majority of which is delivered in hard to reach and remote areas. In 2012, MSU generated over 1.1 million Couple Years of Protection and provided quality services to over 350,000 Ugandans.
Job Summary: The Research Consultants or firms who will be called on a seasonal, short term basis depending on organization needs to lead studies and evaluations in the following intervention areas: Family planning, Cervical Cancer and HIV/AIDS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead or assist with the design and development of research and evaluation study designs, protocols and data collection instruments
- Train Research Assistants, Supervisors and Data Entrants
- Supervise data collection, entry and cleaning
- Perform quality assurance during data collection and entry
- Perform data analysis
- Prepare or assist in preparation of results for reports, publications and/or presentations
- Perform any other duties assigned by MSU
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a post graduate qualifications in social sciences, public health, epidemiology, research, monitoring
- Experience in planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting national and community health-intervention programs is required.
- Experience in working with the private sector and NGOs is desired.
- Familiarity in conducting population studies is desired
- The candidates should be flexible, innovative and with excellent writing skills and strategic thinking.
- Previous publications in peered reviewed journals will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications with updated CVs and cover letters by email to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the Senior Manager, People and Development, Plot 1020, Kisugu-Muyenga, P.O Box 10431, Kampala-Uganda quoting the position title
Deadline: Friday 4th October, 2013 by 6pm