Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Organization: Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG)
Duty Station: UHMG Head Office – Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Procurement Officer
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose vision is Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans”. We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.”
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will offer support to the Human Resource, Procurement and Governance Directorate of UHMG, by managing the procurement function (of non-pharmaceutical supplies and services) of the organization in line with the procurement policies and guidelines, ensuring value for money, efficiency and effectiveness. The position is responsible for providing professional and technical procurement services for UHMG.
This position requires a person who has capacity in the areas of procurement and logistics. The person should have the capacity to work under minimum supervision, keep a clean procurement and transparent system and procedures, as well as undertake timely reporting, and resiliently work to fulfill the organization’s goals, while upholding our Core Values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the procurement needs of the various directorates.
- Carry out regular market research for costs of ‘Most Frequently Procured Items’, and compile price lists as a guide for user departments.
- Undertake requisitions for supplies and services
- Attend Procurement Committee meetings, when called upon.
- File documentation until a procurement process is complete.
- Receive and forward documentation for suppliers’ payments (RFP, LPO, invoice, delivery note, GRN, etc).
- Encourage staff to monitor stock levels, and to provide alerts in advance for replenishments, to avoid stock-outs.
- Submit periodic status reports, to the supervisor.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a bachelors Degree in Procurement preferred.
- Good knowledge of Supply chain Management.
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
- The applicant should be a person of integrity, energetic, dynamic team player, and portray innovation.
- Possess an excellent record keeping, and report compilation skills.
- A self-starter, able to multi-task and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines in a demanding and challenging work environment.
- Should be flexible, innovative, with good interpersonal skills, good communicator and able to work with a multi-cultural team within the organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send or hand deliver their CVs, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope” to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG), Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, or to P. O. Box 4553, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 20th September 2013 by 4:30pm.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please deliver your applications to the UHMG reception.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline