Job Title: Family Tracing Officer
Organization: Invisible Children
Duty station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Counter-LRA Programs Manager
About Invisible Children:
Invisible Children is a non-governmental organization dedicated to bringing a permanent /1 end to the LRA war and improve the quality of Life of LRA affected communities. Invisible Children, Regional Office seeks to recruit a competent person as follows:
Job Summary: The family tracing officer will support Invisible Children's DDRRR department and to form positive relations between Invisible Children, LRA defectors and their families.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer content to FM stations across the region by gathering defection messages from family members of current LRA members across northern Uganda
- Take photos of returnees safely at home with their families for use on Invisible Children defection fliers and for external communications by IC HQ or other IC offices.
- Provide family tracing support for key individuals within the LRA; establish a relationship with needed stakeholders and utilize them for defection messaging content
- Work closely with the Invisible Children US communication team to highlight stories from returnees and from families with relatives still in LRA captivity
- Use radio editing software to ensure that gathered messages are delivered to Invisible
- Children Regional Office and FM partners ready for broadcasting
- Spend at least 60% of working hours in the field tracing families and gathering messages.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports to be consolidated in IC periodic reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by direct supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences or in communications related disciplines.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills are essential
- The job holder should possess three years prior experience in related assignments
- Fluency in Luo is relevant to the assignment.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters accompanied with detailed CVs and a one-page motivation letter to: Regional HR and Admin. Manager - Invisible Children Regional Office Kampala office: Plot 24 Bazarabusa Rise, Bugolobi Kampala, Uganda Gulu office: Plot 101 Acholi Road, Pece Gulu Or via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th September 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline