Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Organization: Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG)
Duty Station: UHMG Head Office – Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Director Programs & Services
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose vision is Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans”. We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.”
Job Summary: The M & E Manager is a important member of UHMG’s Middle-Level Management (MLM). S/he is responsible for providing information relating to progress on implementation of activities as reflected by the indicators and targets. S/he is also responsible for developing strategies and tools for effective monitoring. The post holder will work in liaison with other managers and will be required to travel from time to time to the UHMG activity sites to achieve the objectives of the position. This position requires a self-driven person with strong data collection and analytical skills and should have the capacity to work with minimum supervision, while upholding the Core Values of UHMG.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) system for UHMG.
- Developing the framework and procedures for the evaluation of programme and project activities.
- Coordinate the collection, compilation and analysis of data relating to projects activities.
- Develop data collection tools and train the staff and staff of Partner organizations in the use of these tools.
- Provide technical support during work plan and proposal development.
- Develop PMP for programmes and projects to be implemented.
- Coordinate the collection of relevant data for project monitoring and evaluation.
- Compile periodic reports for reporting and project monitoring.
- Develop project specific databases.
- Develop project specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for data collection and reporting.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a masters Degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Health, Demography or any other related social sciences.
- Knowledge of data-processing and statistical analysis software, namely MS Access, Stata and SPSS, and proficiency in database development and maintenance A MUST.
- At least five years work experience in monitoring and evaluation, or research and data management in a private sector or development organization.
- Proven ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods including questionnaire design, survey techniques, and participatory approaches.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Logical Framework model for program planning.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal trainings for staff and sub grantees.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations, including one or more of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Access, STATA. Experience with Management Information Systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send or hand deliver their CVs, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope” to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG), Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, or to P. O. Box 4553, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 20th September 2013 by 4:30pm.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please deliver your applications to the UHMG reception.