Job Title: Malaria Program Manager
Organization: Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG)
Duty Station: UHMG Head Office – Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Director Special Projects
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose vision is Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans”. We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.”
Job Summary: The Malaria Program Manager will coordinate UHMG’s Malaria, Family Planning, and Child Survival activities, with Malaria covering 60% of the level of effort. The position is responsible for supporting the team in the coordination of these intervention areas, including planning, implementing and reporting, and follow-up with all the partners in the field and government ministries. This position requires a person who has specific hands-on knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring Malaria programs especially in prevention activities, with an understanding of social issues related to Malaria, including gender, as a cross-cutting issue. The person should have the capacity to work under minimum supervision, be proactive, manage competing priorities, and follow-up on set targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the private sector for procurement of quality ITNs/LLINs/ACTs/Child-Care/FP products.
- Oversee the UHMG Malaria procurement and supply facility.
- Work with the teams responsible for distribution of LLINs through ANC Clinics and NGOs.
- Integrate communication and marketing activities to ensure dissemination of information on the correct use of products and services.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders for the introduction of the productions in the areas of intervention mentioned above.
- Identify and organize training and supervision of key private health practitioners on the new malaria treatment policy.
- Participate in the designing and executing of monitoring and evaluation of various interventions including Malaria, Family Planning, and Child Survival.
- Take the lead on initiation of all programmatic activities on Malaria, Family Planning, and Child Survival in close coordination with the Marketing and Communication teams.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The job holder should possess a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Public Health;
- A medical background by training or through work exposure is an added advantage;
- Excellent knowledge and sound understanding of current issues and developments in the field of Malaria, Family Planning, and Child Survival;
- Good computer literacy skills i.e. knowledge of MS Office programs like Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
- The candidate should possess at least three years experience working in malaria programming;
- Experience in working with national and community malaria-intervention programs; Specific hands-on knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring malaria programs especially in prevention;
- Should be flexible, innovative, with proposal/reporting writing, communication, presentation, interpersonal, and team work skills, as well as networking, facilitation, strategic thinking;
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines;
- Able to work with a multi-cultural environment within the organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send or hand deliver their CVs, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope” to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG), Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, or to P. O. Box 4553, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 20th September 2013 by 4:30pm.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please deliver your applications to the UHMG reception.