Job Title: Human Resources and Operations Officer
Organisation: Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Reports to: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Link Up is a global programme designed to integrate Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights interventions of young people affected by HIV aged between 10 and 24yrs. This global program will be implemented in Bangladesh. Burma, Burundi, Ethiopia and Uganda The Link Up Project is implemented through a partnership consortium comprising of The International HIV/AIDS Alliance (IHAA). Marie Stops International (MSI), Population Council (PC). Stop AIDS NOW(SAN!) the Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS( GYCA) and The Athena Network(ATHENA). In Uganda, Link Up Project is implemented by Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU) a local nongovernmental Organization an affiliate with The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health. This project will be implemented in 11 districts, namely: Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono, Kayunga, Nakasangola, Luwero, Mayuge, Iganga, Bugiri, Namutumba, and Kamuli.
Job Summary: The Human Resources and Operations Officer will provide human resource and administrative support to the various project staff as well as to ensure that the strategic HR and Admin needs of CHAU are adequately addressed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. HR Management:
- Take leadership in the staff recruitment including new staff orientation.
- Ensure that all staff has a proper understanding of the human resource and administration policies and procedures and manage staff meetings of the organisation.
- Ensure updated review of Human Resource Manual on annual basis
- Coordinate staff appraisals of CHAU and develop CHAU appraisal report to be submitted to the board.
- Ensure all staff fills out the time sheets and prepare monthly pay roll data to include (leave, sick leave, and other included in HR manual) and passed unto the finance team for further processing.
- Provide strategic guidance on HR and admin matters to management
- Ensure that staff records are well kept, regularly updated, and computerized
- Ensure observance of the staff code of conduct and labour laws are adhered to by CHAU.
- Manage staff leave schedules to ensure effective implementation of CHAU portfolio.
- Monitor staffing levels, competency and skills in line with the needs of CHAU and with management negotiate tor bridging through recruitment, training and development as necessary.
- Provide logistical support to all program staff of CHAU.
- Manage the procurement, management and disposal of all organisational property
- Lead the security and safety of organisational premises and property.
- Ensure that the IT services are functional and meet the needs of CHAU
- Supervise and effectively manage the vehicle fleet to ensure that program needs are well catered for and that the vehicles are well maintained.
- Supervise the stores and ensure that they are professionally managed in accordance with the accounting manual and policies.
- Prepare HR and administration budgets and work plans.
- Maintain a proper filling system for all CAHU documents to include registration, board minutes, staff meetings
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, SWSA, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or their equivalent
- Grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Labour and administrative laws
- Basics of procurement and contract management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent communication Skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Supervisory Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Fleet management skills
- Assertiveness & confidence
- High degree of integrity and objectivity
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates for the above post should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, name and address of three referees and a day time contact telephone number to the International HIV/AIDS Alliance offices addressed to: The Executive Director, Community Health Alliance, Plot 19, Kawalya Kaggwa Close, Kololo P. O. Box 40333, Kampala, Uganda. Email: email@example.com
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 20th September, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline