Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Organization: Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG)
Duty Station: UHMG Head Office – Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose vision is Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans”. We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.”
Job Summary: The Human Resources Officer will take lead of the process of implementing and reviewing the employee management and development systems (employee recruitment, orientation, deployment, retention, staff welfare, exit strategy). This position requires a self-driven person with capacity in the areas of administration and personnel management, and should have the capacity to work with minimum supervision, while upholding the Core Values of UHMG.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Human Resource Management:
- Manage the Human Resource function of the organization (employee application, entry interview, references, selection, appointment, recruitment, contract, orientation, induction, deployment, settlement, staff welfare, promotion, exit notification, clearance and interview).
- Coordinate the process of implementing and reviewing the HR information and records management systems (i.e. personnel information/database, leave database, timesheets and time management, absence management, file management).
- Ensure staff performance appraisals are conducted on time.
- Coordinate staff training and capacity building sessions and workshops.
- Develop the annual HR/Admin work-plan and monitor implementation.
- Manage the staff medical insurance scheme, and the group personal accident insurance, and coordinate the periodic insurance renewal process.
- Prepare and submit monthly staff payroll on a timely basis for review and disbursement.
- Participate in the review of the organization’s salary scale and benefits matrix.
- Constantly review, amend, and communicate organizational policies and procedures.
- Provide supervisor with a weekly and monthly HR activity report to act as input to the Quarterly Report.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The HR Officer should possess a bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field. Post graduate Diploma in Management (essential).
- At least two years experience in human resource practice, including the running of a growing organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Be a person of integrity, energetic, dynamic team player, and portray innovation.
- Be flexible, innovative, with good record keeping, report compilation, communication, and interpersonal, supervisory and team work skills.
- Computer literacy skills with knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send or hand deliver their CVs, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope” to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG), Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, or to P. O. Box 4553, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 20th September 2013 by 4:30pm.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please deliver your applications to the UHMG reception.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline