Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Reports to: Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Link Up is a global programme designed to integrate Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights interventions of young people affected by HIV aged between 10 and 24yrs. This global program will be implemented in Bangladesh. Burma, Burundi, Ethiopia and Uganda The Link Up Project is implemented through a partnership consortium comprising of The International HIV/AIDS Alliance (IHAA). Marie Stops International (MSI), Population Council (PC). Stop AIDS NOW(SAN!) the Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS( GYCA) and The Athena Network(ATHENA). In Uganda, Link Up Project is implemented by Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU) a local nongovernmental Organization an affiliate with The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health. This project will be implemented in 11 districts, namely: Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono, Kayunga, Nakasangola, Luwero, Mayuge, Iganga, Bugiri, Namutumba, and Kamuli.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will primarily ensure that the organisation's financial resources are adequate, well managed and properly utilised for effective implementation of the planned activities. The Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial operations of CHAU. This will include overseeing the data entry of the finance and accounting, managing sub grants from implementing partners and the preparation of financial reports for management. The job holder will offer financial advice to the ED and Senior management team and also manage financial systems and ensure compliance to CHAU’s financial policies, procedures and donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Financial Management
- Ensure that a sound a sound, efficiently and effective financial management system is operational in CHAU at all times.
- Ensure that only approved systems, formats, procedures, and regulations are used for the financial transactions, monitoring, and reporting in CHAU; and that they are strictly adhered to.
- Regularly update the accounting manual, financial policies, procedures, and Control systems in order to keep in step with latest developments.
- Spearhead the preparation of the organizational budgets
- Approve expenditures up to prescribed limits, and in accordance with existing policies and regulations
- Review the reconciliation statements of the various accounts and submit them to the ED for approval.
- Ensure proper budget management.
- Prepare and submit regular and ad hoc financial reports to management
- Ensure that all asset and inventory registers are up to date
- Compile and submit all statutory financial returns and related management reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure the provision of timely and satisfactory responses to all auditors' queries and/or comments and that all audit issues are promptly resolved.
- Good leadership of the Finance team
- Conducting regular performance appraisal of the finance staff.
2. Grants Management:
- Ensure that CHAU approved systems, formats, procedures, and regulations are used by sub grantees for financial transactions, monitoring, reporting and closing sub-grants in accordance with donor regulations.
- Conduct necessary training to help the implementing partners maintain good financial practices and records.
- Process grants to the Sub grantees in a regular and timely manner
- Monitor the ascot grants advanced to the partners
- Receive monthly financial reports from the partners
- Review the monthly reports, and give feedback to the partners as may be necessary.
- Bring to the attention of the Executive Director, any significant matters affecting the operations of the grants.
- Consolidate the monthly reports and produce a comprehensive management report.
- Assist technical staff in formulating and negotiating specifications, objectives, and programme approaches for grantees.
- Support the close-out process with the Alliance Uganda implementing partners.
- Ensure that CHAU and donor requirements are complied with in the management of financial transactions.
- Contribute to resource mobilization efforts by providing technical support as may be required.
- Other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a bachelor of Finance with a Masters in Business Administration, or a Professional Accountancy Qualification with the ACCA or similar body.
- Five or more years experience in a similar position
- Auditing experience is desirable.
- Excellent computerised accounting skills with Quick Books
- Demonstrated knowledge of donor financial accounting procedures
- Planning, budgeting, reporting and auditing skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates for the above post should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, name and address of three referees and a day time contact telephone number to the International HIV/AIDS Alliance offi ces addressed to: The Executive Director, Community Health Alliance, Plot 19, Kawalya Kaggwa Close, Kololo P. O. Box 40333, Kampala, Uganda. Email: email@example.com
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 20th September, 2013