Job Title: Project Management Specialist (MCH)
Organisation: United States Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Vacancy Number: 084/2013
Duty Station: USAID Uganda
Salary Grade: FSN-10 (Ug shs. 58,213,135 to 83,870,107 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified individual to fill the position of Project Management Specialist, Maternal and Child Health (MCH).
Job Summary: The Project Management Specialist, Maternal and Child Health (MCH) offers technical and professional leadership to plan, implement, monitor, and oversee mission supported maternal and child health activities.
Job Summary: The Public Health Specialist (Laboratory Information Management Systems Officer) works under the leadership of the Laboratory Branch Chief as a senior laboratory program advisor to projects/programs under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The incumbent provides comprehensive technical, administrative and managerial advice and assistance in support of building laboratory capacity which includes surveillance, research and investigation activities of host government ministries, International Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) and host Ministry of Health partners involved in the treatment of HIV/AIDS in the country. The job holder serves as a senior advisor to the host country Ministry of Health, partners and NGOs in the implementation of laboratory programs and activities.
For a full job description, please visit the link below with all duties and responsibilities on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The candidate should hold a Masters degree in International Health, Public Health, Medicine or other relevant degree. Some knowledge on reproductive health or safe motherhood courses are advantageous.
- The candidate should posses at least five years of progressively responsible professional experience in public management or program management; experience in maternal and child health is preferred.
- Prior work experience should include at least two years of planning, developing, and implementing and managing public health programs in resource poor settings.
- Proven experience in coordination of large-scale projects a must.
- General knowledge of the Ugandan public sector health system, donors and related private sector programs, as well as current health approaches in Uganda is required.
- Good understanding and knowledge of maternal/child health and family planning environment in Uganda preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills. The job holder must be able to order priorities and manage several activities simultaneously.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and coordinate well with others.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Database software, E-mail, and the internet; strong management skills, including financial management, administrative, and monitoring skills to track the performance of implementing partners and activities. Ability to present information, analyses, and recommendations in clear written and oral formats. Ability to travel to regions and districts within Uganda.
- Exceptional diplomacy, tact, cultural sensitivity and team participation are also required, in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships within USAID, with implementing partners, the interagency team and the government of Uganda.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English a must
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) Download it Here.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g. essays, transcripts/certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov
NB: Only electronic submissions will be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject area of the email submission.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 24th September 2013
The US Mission in Kampala provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline