Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/01/2013
Job Title: Director, Policy, Planning and Information
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Scale: E 2
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to coordinate, monitor, enforce and supervise all activities in the field of environment for purposes of ensuring sustainable development in Uganda.
Job Summary: The job holder should offer guidance to the strategic Planning and development of NEMA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and coordinate the preparation and production of long and short term Corporate plans including budgets and resource mobilization strategy;
- Coordinate and generate planning data/information/reports to support policy and decision making by NEMA Management;
- Guide the Department in planning a more pro-active policy research and analysis in relation to sustainable development including identifying gaps in environmental management;
- Take lead in developing and implementing viable and relevant environmental information systems for use by NEMA, districts and other Government Institutions;
- Provide technical advice and support to Government Institutions in mainstreaming environmental concerns into their respective policies, programmes, plans and budgets;
- Liaise with Key Government Authorities and Agencies on development and implementation of environmentally sustainable plans and programs;
- Monitor the implementation of the NEMA plans and activities to ensure that activities are implemented according to the plans;
- Support and ensure coordination and implementation of the Department’s plans and activities;
- Prepare reports from time to time on emerging national, regional macro-economic issues to inform policy actions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a Masters degree in any of the following fields: Development Planning, Economic Policy and Planning, Development Economics, Natural Resources Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Environmental Information Systems. Any other additional relevant qualifications are an added advantage.
- Ten or more years’ experience in planning five (5) of which should be at Senior Level in a reputable Institution.
- Experience in Corporate Planning or Project Planning and Management is essential.
- Knowledge of the central Government operations and policy formulation is a must.
- Knowledge of central government operations, policy formulation ids desirable.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their handwritten applications either by hand or via electronic mail and/or through post office enclosing copies of certificates/testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating 3 referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road
P.O. Box 22255
Deadline: 23rd September 2013 by 5.00 pm