Job Title: Manager, Research & Innovation
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Strategy and Innovation
DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: To drive products innovation in collaboration with strategic decision-makers and cross-functional teams to:
- Discover and evaluate unmet customer needs, important trends, and new opportunities for business growth;
- Design innovative customer solutions and business opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quarterly Reports: Perform trend analyses; scenario building; synthesize insights and identify opportunities based on competitors, customer, social and technological forces;
- Research: Translate research findings into actionable communication for decision makers and other stakeholders and design prototype solutions for customer innovation, customer experience, and similar types of initiatives;
- Technology: Leverage on technology to identify opportunities that can drive product performance through evaluation of competitor activity, product category performance and revenue
- Product Performance: Work with the business units’ teams to maintain an overview of the products performance and to apply insights and design outputs to their work.
- Liaise with Marketing: Provide strategic direction for new marketing concepts and strategies. Also Coordinate with the marketing team to ensure that the Dfcu product library contains on-brand material for top products in range for direct implementation in Markets.
- Idea Generation: Oversee internal and external ideation programs to generate continuous new and different products compared to what exists in the marketplace.
- Product Development Committee PDC: Contribute to the PDC by executing unique and differentiating product concepts to support the approval of new products, plans, and test with customers. Work with the PDC to develop new product business case and recommend pricing guidelines for the new products.
- Product Enhancement: Learn and understand the complete products processes, in order to directly manage development of sampling, specific sensitization formats, seasonal products and where necessary line extensions to ensure that individual products cumulatively drive incremental product income margin.
- Other duties: To perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a University Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business Studies, Statistics, Economics) with three to five years working experience in the Banking industry.)
- Experience of collating and analyzing information across various forms of data and able to absorb, analyze and interpret large amounts of complex information in high-pressure situations.
- Project management experience and effective presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to respond to changing business priorities
- Ability to work cross functionally with a strong sense of Customer service
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated, and able to lead, inspire, network, foster relationships, both internally and externally and motivate others
- Proficiency in qualitative, quantitative, and/or statistical methods;
- Product or service design and prototyping expertise and experience;
- Ideal facilitation experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should visit the web link below and create a profile on the NFT Consult website by entering their e-mail addresses
Please visit web link below and click Apply now if convinced you have the job requirements