Job Title: Office Assistant
Organisation: Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Reports to: Human Resources and Operations Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Link Up is a global programme designed to integrate Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights interventions of young people affected by HIV aged between 10 and 24yrs. This global program will be implemented in Bangladesh. Burma, Burundi, Ethiopia and Uganda The Link Up Project is implemented through a partnership consortium comprising of The International HIV/AIDS Alliance (IHAA). Marie Stops International (MSI), Population Council (PC). Stop AIDS NOW(SAN!) the Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS( GYCA) and The Athena Network(ATHENA). In Uganda, Link Up Project is implemented by Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU) a local nongovernmental Organization an affiliate with The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health. This project will be implemented in 11 districts, namely: Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono, Kayunga, Nakasangola, Luwero, Mayuge, Iganga, Bugiri, Namutumba, and Kamuli.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will ensure a clean, safe and attractive working environment attend to the front desk, and phone, photocopying, and other logistical support services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a good front office appearance
- Receive visitors and guide them as necessary
- Receive and make telephone calls
- Receive and register mail
- Distribute mail to appropriate officers
- Dispatch outgoing mail through appropriate couriers
- Photocopy documents
- Bind documents
- Arrange for refreshments
- Keep the pantry and utensils clean
- Ensure that offices are opened in time for the work day to start
- Ensure that offices are securely locked at the end of the day
- Work with the cleaners to ensure that the office premises are Clean.
- Perform Other duties as may be assigned periodically.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A bachelors’ degree or "A” Level School Certificate
- A Diploma in Secretarial Studies
- Additional training in customer care.
- Two or more years' experience in a similar position.
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Knowledge of telephone operations
- Good courtesy
- Exhibit patience
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates for the above post should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, name and address of three referees and a day time contact telephone number to the International HIV/AIDS Alliance offi ces addressed to: The Executive Director, Community Health Alliance, Plot 19, Kawalya Kaggwa Close, Kololo P. O. Box 40333, Kampala, Uganda. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 20th September, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline