Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/07/2013
Job Title: Office Assistant
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Personal Secretary/ Administration
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to coordinate, monitor, enforce and supervise all activities in the field of environment for purposes of ensuring sustainable development in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that NEMA Offices are opened and closed in time;
- Collect and deliver mail, parcels and other communications from and to the Post Office, suppliers and other Institutions;
- Sort , deliver and pick up mails from various offices and on the premises at regular intervals and keeping records as required;
- Pack materials received for dispatch from out-tray and putting them in envelopes for dispatch where necessary;
- Drive NEMA vehicles and motorcycles while carrying out official assignments;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should posses a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education. Any other additional relevant qualifications are an added advantage.
- Five or more years experience in a similar position in a reputable Institution.
- Experience in driving a motorcycle and with at least class B is essential.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their handwritten applications either by hand or via electronic mail and/or through post office enclosing copies of certificates/testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating 3 referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road
P.O. Box 22255
Deadline: 23rd September 2013 by 5.00 pm