Organisation: FHI 360
Project / Program: Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, °catty driven solutions. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today's diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world
FHI 360 — Uganda is seeking qualified candidates for the Communication for Healthy Communities (CHC) five year program designed to support the GOU and partners to design and implement quality heath communication interventions to contribute to reduction in HIV Infections, total fertility, maternal & child mortality, malnutrition, malaria & tuberculosis. CHC aims to achieve this through the use of innovative approaches, capacity strengthening, increased collaboration among partners, and rigorous research and knowledge management for health communication.
Job Summary: The Finance/Grants Associates will provide support in the areas of financial and sub award management, accounting and record keeping, budget development (for both Country Office and Implementing Partners) and financial monitoring.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support in the preparation of annual program budgets and workplans.
- Carefully review of payment vouchers to ensure proper documentation is maintained, including proforma invoices, order forms, cost comparisons, invoices, delivery notes etc and ensure proper filing.
- Prepare USG VAT returns, Accruals reports and other periodic reports as required.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and execute review and approval process for sub-agreement and subcontracts under the project, including pre-award financial assessments of implementing partners.
- Assist in developing and applying monitoring tools to sub-agreements and subcontracts
- Apply funding regulations to ensure that all FHI 360 policies and procedures and USG procurement and contracting requirements are met for sub-agreement and subcontracting activities.
- Assist with the development of templates and training materials to ensure project contractual and compliance needs are met.
- Provide financial oversight role and support to at least two regional offices.
- Perform any other duties as instructed
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelors Degree of Commerce, Business Administration. Finance or Accounting, or related field.
- A Post graduate qualification like ACCA, CPA will be an added advantage.
- The candidates should possess three to five years relevant experience in financial management.
- Practical hands-on experience in the use of at least one accounting package.
- Good understanding of USG regulations contracts and grants administration, including OMB circulars, and 22 CFR 226.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send a cover letter and CV/resume by email to: email@example.com. Please clearly indicate Job Title in email subject line or on top of envelope.
Deadline: 20th September, 2013