Job Title: Weighbridge Clerk
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Summary: The Weighbridge Clerk offers accurate weight information of all materials received into the plant and all dispatches out of the plant while ensuring compliance with the set weight tolerances, internal controls and safety requirements. Safeguard the company against the loss of revenue or stocks by ensuring that all trucks in and out of the plant are weighed appropriately
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to all the safety procedures/requirements while executing your duties.
- Safeguard the company against the loss of revenue or stocks by ensuring that all trucks in and out of the Plant are weighed appropriately and report any exceptions to your supervisor immediately.
- Ensure that the truck is properly positioned on the weighbridge then receive the loading/delivery documents from the driver in order to verify that they match the physical truck on the weighbridge.
- Retrieve the trucks details in WIMS and take the first weight. On the inbound process, check first that the weight is optimal (GVW compliance); if the truck is overloaded reject it by denying it entry into the Plant and informing the security officer so that they can ensure that the truck exits.
- Issue the loading document to the driver on the outbound process and release the truck for loading/off-loading.
- Following truck loading and proper positioning on the weighbridge, take the second weight if it is within the set tolerance limit. If the truck is under /overweight, print the rejection slip with the reason indicated, issue it to the driver and send him back to the Packing Plant for corrective action. This case must be recorded in the exception case report.
- Following truck off-loading and proper positioning on the weighbridge confirm the truck has off-loaded all the material. If for some reason, the truck hasn’t off-loaded everything, acknowledge the transaction in WIMS as a part receipt and take the weight. If the truck has off-loaded all the material, acknowledge the transaction in WIMS as a full receipt and take the weight.
- Following second weight, the weighbridge ticket and delivery note/goods issue note will be printed. Issue the relevant copies of the documents to the driver and retain the rest for eventual forward to customer service center/production clerk and own filing.
- Prepare daily weighbridge reports and treat all documents/information as confidential. It is considered unethical to divulge any information to external parties without authorization.
- Check proper function of the weighbridge, communication and computer equipment and timely replacement of printer cartridges and printing paper to avoid any truck delays. Report any malfunction immediately it’s noted as per the escalation procedure and follow up on the repair.
- Ensure proper housekeeping around the weighbridge and especially the gaps between the weighing platform and the foundation for accurate weighing.
- Ensure that any exceptions are brought to the attention of the management as necessary in order to protect the company’s interest
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The candidate should possess a diploma in logistics, purchasing and supplies or engineering.
- Basic reporting skills
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Excel, MS office.
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and good at time management and organisational skills
- Initiative, drive and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
Please abide by these instructions else you may be bound to disqualification.
- Write an Application letter and CV/Resume.
- Merge these two documents into one document in either word or PDF format.
- Please do not attach or send any scanned documents. These are sometimes too large for our inbox.
- Send your application, please click "Apply to Position"
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly