Job Title: Program Management Specialist
Organisation: Stop Malaria Project (SMP)
Duty Station: Kampala with support to all the LLIN Distribution Districts in Uganda
Reports to: Chief-of-Party
Job Summary: The Program Management Specialist for the SMP Project will be responsible for compliance oversight and quality assurance monitoring of all administrative and financial activities under SMP. The PMS will work closely with SMP’s Senior Malaria Technical Advisor, MoH, Malaria Consortium to ensure smooth coordination and high technical quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with the joint work plan, joint budget, partnership agreements, contracts and the national implementation guidelines for the mass campaign distribution.
- In consultation with MoH, MC and PMI develop a clear scope of work for SMP/JHU’s role in the LLIN distribution and establish performance benchmarks for SMP
- Together with COP, participate in National Coordinating Committee meetings and other discussions that may be held with MoH, donors and MC.
- Participate in national, regional and local planning and review meetings, trainings, supervision activities and workshops to ensure that: SMP is in compliance with JHU, USAID and GFATM’s administrative, financial and security procedures and policies,
- SMP activities are implemented in line with international and approved national guidelines,
- Smooth and timely flow of financial and logistical resources from SMP through sound planning, procurement and review processes
- SMP’s performance is measured and reviewed to improve progress toward benchmarks,
supports the timely completion of distribution activities by January 31
SMP supports the timely submission of all related administrative and programmatic deliverables by June 30, 2014, including close-out and disposition requirements.
- With SMP’s Finance Specialist and Finance Managers, monitor SMP’s (JHU and its subcontracts) budgets, accruals and spending rates for the LLIN distribution.
- Ensure that variances are promptly brought to the attention of SMP’s Chief-of-Party and Finance Manager.
- Coordinate and expedite the completion of financial, activity, and commodity-tracking reports.
project updates and any other documentation as requested by JHU, PMI, or
Manage the work of consultants and subcontractors, as required
- Support the Chief-of-Party in ensuring open, regular communication between SMP, MoH, PMI and MC, and between the field office and headquarters.
- Prepare quarterly activity reports
other duties as assigned by COP and JHU-CCP’s Director of Malaria
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a post-graduate degree in public health, business administration, supply chain, pharmaceutical management or related field;
- Five or more years of experience in managing health commodities, preferably LLIN distribution; additional experience in health information systems and desirable;
- Experience in managing technical and administrative teams for donor- funded health projects:
- Prior work experience and knowledge of the public health context in Uganda strongly desired.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, financial tracking and reporting;
- Familiarity with USAID regulations;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to manage a team-oriented setting;
oral, and written communication skills in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified job applicants with a passion for humanities should send a CV with copies of academic transcripts/testimonials and three professional referees. You can EITHER drop them off in person at JHU-CCP offices, Plot 15 Binayomba Avenue, Bugolobi, opposite Ambrossoli International School and Royal Suites, Attn HR Manager QR email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what position you are applying for.
Deadline: Friday, August 30th, 2013 by 5:00pm.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline