Job Title: Legal Assistant
Organisation: Tax Appeals Tribunal
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
The Tax Appeals Tribunal is established by the Tax Appeals Tribunals Act, Cap 345 to resolve taxation disputes between tax payers and Uganda Revenue Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the regional registry
- Receive and process taxpayers' complaints
- Give technical advice to taxpayers
- Maintain the tribunal's library
- Keep record of the tribunal's proceedings
- Organize the tribunals functions and activities
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Registrar.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Diploma in law from a recognized institution
- Basic working knowledge of tax laws and court procedures
- Two or more years relevant experience in legal or court or tribunal work
Age: 25 — 35 years old
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their handwritten applications with copies of academic certificates, curriculum vitae, names addresses two referees and a day time telephone contact to: Registrar Tax Appeals Tribunal P.O. BOX 7019, Kampala, Uganda 8TH FLOOR, NIC BUILDING, PILKINGTON ROAD.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 30th August, 2013
For More of the latest Ugandan Jobs, Please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or follow us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline