Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Organisation: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
Job Summary: The Senior Procurement Officer will lead and manage the Procurement and Disposal Unit in line with the Entities procedures, laws Governing Procurement in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the development and implementation of Procurement Plans
· Monitor the procurement and disposal process to check compliance with public procurement and disposal law
· Review and submit procurement and disposal reports to the relevant authorities
· Conduct regular local and global market analysis to establish trends on innovations to ensure value for money
· Conduct risk management analysis in the supply chain to mitigate bottlenecks
· Supervise the verification and processing of all requisitions according to budget and relevance.
· Coordinate and supervise the tendering process and manage the procurement and Disposal of goods, works and services.
· Establish procurement and disposal unit human resource requirement and manage performance and development of staff
· Liaise with external procurement Audits and respond to queries raised.
· Supervise the custody of all procurement records and files of the unit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Senior Procurement Officer should possess a Masters Degree in either Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or Procurement/Purchasing or any other related qualification from a recognized University/Institution
· An Honours degree in either Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or Procurement/Purchasing or any other related qualification from a recognized University/Institution
· Professional Qualifications in CIPS
· Must be computer literate with skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet applications.
· Experience of at least eight (8) years in a reputable organization
· Knowledge of Business working Environment
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· High integrity, innovative, creative and self-driven.
Age: Between 30 and 45 years
How to Apply:
All Ugandans who meet the above job criteria should submit their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity card, driving license, recommendation letters from three referees and detailed CVs, with mobile telephone numbers indicated, to the address below in person or by post.
The Executive Director, Uganda National Bureau of Standards, Plot M217 Nakawa Industrial Area, P.O Box 6329, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 12th July 2013 by 5:00 pm
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline