Vacancy Announcement No.: VN/PBR/2013/25
Job Title: Senior ICT Assistant
Organisation: United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: ICT Manager
Grade: GS – 7
Job Summary: The Senior ICT Assistant will be responsible for installation, administration, monitoring and management of the Data networks involving Wi-Fi Bridges and Access points, first level hardware support for IT equipment;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration of out sourced maintenance of the organization’s telecommunications infrastructure which includes VSAT, telephones and radio communications.
- He or she will support UNICEF in the identification and assessment of the need for new IT and telecoms equipment and spares for the office,
- Offer technical user support and training on UNICEF internal applications and systems and manages the ICT inventory.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Senior ICT Assistant should have finished Secondary education supplemented with formal training (at university level) in Computer Science or Business Administration or computer related certification.
- Formal data networks professional training in Cisco (CCNA) or higher, other IT certifications (e.g.; A+ certification, ITIL Foundation Certification or equivalent customer support certification).
- Seven years practical work experience in information technology operations and principles, as well as systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on ICT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools.
- Good knowledge of Windows 7 and MS Office 2010 products.
- Practical working experience with various computer platforms and applications.
- Experience in the UN system desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Core Values: Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
Core Competencies: Communication, Working with People, Drive for Results
Functional Competencies: Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Following instructions and Procedures, Planning and Organizing
How to Apply:
ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_Mukasa P11 or Gold_Mukasa CV or Gold_Mukasa Application.
UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All candidates interested in the above position should send their documents to:
Human Resource Specialist, UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street, PO Box 7047, Kampala, Uganda
OR via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 12th July, 2013