Job Title: Receptionist
Organisation: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability. Donors include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the European Commission (EC), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC).
Job Summary: The Receptionist will work within the logistics department of the operational support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries. The receptionist is the first impression that Mercy Corps’ visitors receive, and maintains communications and office areas in a way that bring credit to Mercy Corps.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Answer all incoming telephone calls and direct to the proper person or department.
· Make telephone calls as requested for staff.
· Transfer calls and announce visitors.
· Send and receive faxes.
· Scan documents as requested.
· Receive all visitors, suppliers, etc.
· Keep sanity of the office premises; neat and clean (copier areas, reception office, board room, etc).
· Arrange courier service.
· Make photocopies as needed.
· Make travel arrangements as needed.
· Prepare correspondence as needed.
· Receive and log in mail and distribute.
· Maintain adequate inventories of office supplies, log distribution of supplies, including responsibility for stock cards and inventory.
· Assist Administrative Assistant as required.
· Assist staff with routine, administrative duties.
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· The receptionist should hold a university degree in a relevant field is required.
· Experience in administration (including human resource and office management systems).
· Fluency in written and verbal English required.
· The job holder must possess an attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Good computer literacy skills with knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel.
· Able to spend time in the field of various durations as needed.
· Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
How to Apply:
All possible job applicants should send an application including a cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates to: HR/Admin Manager, Kampala Head Office on Nsambya Estate Road, Plot 1102, Uganda. Please send e-mailed applications to: email@example.com or hand deliver it to the Head Office, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. Women encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th July, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline