Job Title: Project Officer (2 Careers)
Organisation: ChildFund International
Reports to: Regional Programme Manager - Northern Uganda
Duty Station: Kitgum and Agago Districts , Uganda
For over seventy years globally, ChildFund provides help to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children. ChildFund Uganda, in partnership with ChildFund Australia, is implementing a 3 years' Household Economic Empowerment Project in four sub-counties in Kitgum and Agago Districts in Acholi Sub-region, Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Project Officer will guide the implementation of the Economic Empowerment Project activities in the Districts of Kit gum and Agago and ensure quality project delivery
Key Performance Indicators:
- Planning and Strategies.
- Support to Local Partners and Area Programme
- Representing ChildFund in relevant fora and seminars
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collaborating and Networking
- Accountability and
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University degree in Agriculture, Developmental Studies, Social Administration, social sciences, Community Based Rehabilitation, Adult and Community Education or any other related field.
- Additional training in Project Planning & Management, and Community Economic development is an added advantage
- At least two (2) years post qualification experience in a similar position in a development organization.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience working with rural communities and engagement with Local partners including Local Governments
experience implementing Livelihoods and Economic strengthening projects
with proven approaches such as VSL methodology, farming as a business.
- Demonstrable aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of interpersonal and Communication skills
- High level of people management skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent reporting and representation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Articulate decision making
- Strong work ethics and confidentiality
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and work in remote areas
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of three professional referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to: The National Director, ChildFund International, P.O. Box 3342, Kampala, Uganda Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Hand deliver to ChildFund National Office located on Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road P.O. Box 3341, Kampala NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted. ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 19th July, 2013 not later than 2.00pm.