Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Enterprise Uganda
Reports to: Director, Finance and Administration
Duty Station: Uganda
Enterprise Uganda (EUg), in partnership with Youth Business International (YBI) has received a grant from the Department for International Development (DFID) of UK to support the Northern Uganda Youth Entrepreneurship Programme (NUYEP). It is a 2 year project whose key objective is to improve the livelihoods of 10,000 youth (aged 18-35) and their households in Northern Uganda using a household empowerment approach that provides mindset change training, business follow up, and personalised business support.
The project will target youth in the Greater North covering five regions of Acholi, West Nile, Lango, Teso and Karamoja.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the NUYEP project. His/her responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the project document and log frame,
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the NUYEP program to ensure
successful attainment of project deliverables.
Produce annual work plans, budgets and reports on the progress of the project
- Implement and monitor the activities of the project against the approved work plans;
- Manage the procurement of goods ;
Manage the performance of the Project staff;
- Promote the project and ensure adequate visibility at the local, national and international level.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Ugandan with a Masters degree in a business-related discipline;
- Strong private sector orientation 5 years’
experience working in private sector development;
Proven ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice ;
- Demonstrable experience in nurturing MSMEs, plus a practical understanding of SME challenges.
How to Apply:
All candidates not exceeding forty years should send their applications with supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and, curriculum vitae indicating three referees and their telephone contacts should be received at the address below;
The Executive Director, Enterprise Uganda, Plot 38, Lumumba Avenue, P. O. Box 24581,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information, please visit our website, www.enterprise.co.ug.
Deadline: 30th July, 2013