Job Title: Programme Officer, Civic Education
Organisation: Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
Reports to: : Manager, Deepening Democracy Component (CM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Eight of Uganda's International Development Partners developed a joint Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) to manage coherent, harmonized and coordinated multi-donor support to state and non-state institutions aimed at enhancing democratic governance in Uganda. It is based upon three components: Deepening Democracy, Rights, Justice and Peace, and Voice and Accountability.
Job Summary: The Programme Officer, Civic Education will offer civic education and civic engagement are central to the DGF's efforts of improving democratic governance in Uganda. Enhancing the knowledge and ability of Ugandan citizens to claim their rights, actively participate in democratic processes and demand for accountability is a priority that underpins and cuts across all 3 components of the DGF. The PO will be responsible for the implementation of the DGF's civic education strategy, in particular the management of DGF's relations with some 15 partners undertaking a coherent, coordinated set of projects, including a resource center, a dedicated radio soap opera and a dozen community-based interventions around the country. The PO will ensure that projects are on track, actively monitoring implementation, promoting mutual learning and sharing of best practices, and liaising with other stakeholders, particularly the UHRC, state institutions and other CSOs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze key developments affecting the implementation of civic education interventions;
- Liaise with key stakeholders in civic education;
- Keep abreast of local, national and international "best practices" in civic education;
- Ensure good working relationships with partner organisations aimed at sound project implementation;
- Provide capacity development support to partners as/if needed;
- Ensure that partners comply with the DGF's "Finance & Administration Manual" and "Partnership Manual";
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues are addressed adequately, especially gender related issues;
- Promote information sharing and mutual learning;
- Provide input to the development of annual work plans and budgets of the DGF;
- Report on the indicators, milestones and targets for civic education as per the DGF's objectives logframe;
- Monitor project progress and achievement of milestones and targets;
- Ensure that a comprehensive evaluation of DGF's civic education interventions is carried out in a timely manner.
- Undertake any other assignments as delegated by the Component Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The Applicant should hold a Masters degree in the areas of adult education, non-for-profit management, development studies, law, human rights and/or political science.
- Additional training in project and program management & administration, financial management, monitoring and evaluation or related topics would be a distinct advantage.
- At least five years experience in a similar role.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: "DGF - InfoDoc"” DGF - Program Officer". E-mails must not exceed 2 MB. While we thank all applicants for your interest, only the selected will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda
Attn.: The Director E-mail: email@example.com
This advert can also be found on Kazijobs.com'
Deadline: Friday 26th July 2013 by 5:00PM
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline