Job Title: Procurement Manager
Organisation: Eskom Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Director
Our client Eskom Uganda is a wholly owned subsidiary of Eskom Holdings South Africa and is registered as a limited liability company in Uganda. The company generates 42% of Uganda’s electricity and operates within a framework of four contracts and has its own board of directors.
Job Summary: The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the development of procurement policies and procedures and monitoring the implementation of the procurement cycle as per the company policies. Additionally, He / She will lead the company in establishing and maintaining professional, transparent and cost effective procurement practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategic Direction:
- Update and develop procurement strategies that are relevant to the business.
- Provide strategic leadership on new pronouncements & developments in procurement.
- Provide inputs into the business strategic plans
2. Stakeholder Management:
- Maintain constant liaison with existing and prospective suppliers.
- Maintain constant liaison and ensure alignment of EUL policies with those at Eskom Head office
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of supplier database as per the procurement policies and procedures
- Provide continuous education and awareness programmes and interventions for technical staff to facilitate policy and procedural compliance
- Recommend and facilitate training for procurement committee members on a needs basis
3. Process Management:
- In conjunction with the plant managers, establish priorities, lead times and procure goods and services accordingly
- Ensure consistent application of appropriate procurement practices and strategies for all goods and services required by the company.
- Provide administrative support to the various procurement committees
- Design and monitor a system for contract management in the procurement process and provide technical support to user departments in contract management, in accordance with Eskom policies and procedures
4. Risk management & Compliance:
- Continuously assess risks inherent in the procurement process and develop mitigation measures
- Review the effectiveness of the mitigation measures and advise management on a continuous basis
- Monitor compliance to the procurement process.
5. Support to staff and other managers:
- Carry out mentoring and coaching for sectional members so as to improve their competences in line with EUL human resource manual
- Advise management of EUL on procurement matters.
Personal Competencies: Strategic decision-making, Leadership disposition, Negotiation skills, Planning and Organizing, Driving for Results, Ability to Delegate, Customer Focus, High Business Acumen, Exhibit Professional Commitment and Coaching
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The job applicant should possess a Bachelors Degree Procurement Studies
- Professional procurement qualification i.e. CIPS
- At least five years experience in the area of procurement and logistics
How to Apply:
Please abide by these instructions else you may be bound to disqualification.
- Write an Application letter and CV/Resume.
- Merge these two documents into one document in either word or PDF format.
- Please do not attach or send any scanned documents. These are sometimes too large for our inbox.
- Send your application, please click "Apply to Position"
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly