Organisation: Enterprise Uganda
Reports to: Director, Business Advisory Services
Duty Station: Uganda
Enterprise Uganda (EUg), in partnership with Youth Business International (YBI) has received a grant from the Department for International Development (DFID) of UK to support the Northern Uganda Youth Entrepreneurship Programme (NUYEP). It is a 2 year project whose key objective is to improve the livelihoods of 10,000 youth (aged 18-35) and their households in Northern Uganda using a household empowerment approach that provides mindset change training, business follow up, and personalised business support. The project will target youth in the Greater North covering five regions of Acholi, West Nile, Lango, Teso and Karamoja.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist will be responsible for the developing, implementing and continuously improving the MEL function of Enterprise Uganda. He/she will ensure that the programs are monitored and evaluated.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical inputs in the design and implementation of a comprehensive M&E system
- Develop data collection tools in support
of routine monthly reporting and MEL plans;
Manage the design, implementation of market and project impact surveys;
- Coordinate in the design and implementation of operational research activities ;
- Strengthen data collection, analysis and data sharing with various stakeholders, as appropriate;
- Build institutional MEL and surveillance capacity through training and systems support;
- Disseminate information through reports,
publications and presentations ;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Ugandan with an Advanced degree in Statistics and Quantitative Economics or Social Sciences and Professional training in MEL.
- A minimum of five (5) years of practical experience in designing and implementing MEL systems
How to Apply:
All candidates not exceeding forty years should send their applications with supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and, curriculum vitae indicating three referees and their telephone contacts should be received at the address below;
The Executive Director, Enterprise Uganda, Plot 38, Lumumba Avenue, P. O. Box 24581,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information, please visit our website, www.enterprise.co.ug.
Deadline: 30th July, 2013