Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an international humanitarian NGO. For over thirty years it has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities in Lira, Gulu, Amuru, Nwoya, Kaabong, Napak and Moroto Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain program monitoring and reporting system. Support internal evaluation of previously completed FSL program in Kaabong and incorporate lessons learned into existing work
- Ensure field staff are properly trained and prepared for all relevant aspects of program monitoring;
- Ensure the consistency of M&E quantitative data (baseline and end line)
- Supervise implementation of M&E process (baseline, end line, PDM, Post Harvest Monitoring and as delegated by the PM.
- Monthly updates of the PROMIS( Online information system) of sub project progress as required by the donor
- Develop participant M&E tools (with the FSL team) for improved agricultural practices and techniques as they relate to the program goal and objectives;
- Liaise with FSL PM to ensure that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized;
- Take note of evolving changes in seasonal, socio-economic, and agricultural conditions in the program area and take the lead in writing monthly Market Survey Reports for Kaabong District;
- Propose new directions for future activities and program; contribute to formulating programme reports and proposals;
- Lead in data collection, entry, analysis and interpretation of results and provide FSL trend analysis on the bases of the Explain programme activities and objectives to stakeholders and participants as appropriate;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Degree in Statistics, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, or a related subject with strong Mathematical background.
- A minimum of three (3 )years experience; preferably with ACF with a good track records.
- Intermediate (word processor and spreadsheet) and other programs preferred;
- Fluency in English and Ngakaramojong required (written and spoken);
How to Apply:
All applications should include a cover letter, CV with at least three referees, copies of academic certificates and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not exceed 3 MB. Address your email application to: email@example.com mentioning “FSL APM – Kaabong” in the subject line. Emails exceeding 3 MB will be automatically rejected. This job advert can also be accessed by logging on to www.futureoptionsug.com hot jobs section. - Address your hard copy application to the Head of Base, ACF Kaabong Office, or to Base Administrators in ACF bases in Uganda – Gulu, Kampala, and Moroto.
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 19th July, 2013 at 5:00pm
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our
facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline