Organisation: Ministry of Education and Sports (Student Loan Scheme TaskForce)
Reports to: Administration Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Government of the Republic of Uganda, through the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) is planning to introduce a Student Loan Scheme to increase equitable access to higher education in Uganda; support highly qualified students who may not afford higher education; ensure regional balance in higher education services in Uganda; develop and support courses which are critical to national development an ensure quality education in public institutions through quality assurance and supervision. The MoES applicants herein will form part of the Loan Scheme after which commencement of the formulation of the Student Loan Board.
Job Summary: The Logistics Assistant will give administrative support by transporting organizational assets and or staff and any key stakeholders safely in line with the Scheme’s code of ethics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving and ensuring safety of authorized passengers of the Scheme.
- Tidy the company vehicles and ensure that they are in good mechanical condition at all times.
- Ensure that vehicle licensing and servicing is done in time to avoid business stalling.
- Ensure all mileage and maintenance records are properly filed and fuel refill done in time.
- Deliver official correspondence, mail and documents to key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the superiors particularly Administrative Assistant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (O Level) is desirable
- At least five (5) years of work experience as a Driver plus a safe driving record gained from a reputable organization
- A valid and clean driving license Class B.
- Defensive driving certificate desirable
- Personal initiative and hardworking
- Additional qualification in motor vehicle maintenance will be an added advantage.
- Excellent command of oral English is mandatory.
Age: 26 Years and Above
How to apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans should deliver their handwritten applications which should be sealed and deliver them to; The Assistant Commissioner – Human Resource Management, Ministry of Education and Sports, Embassy House, 4th Floor, Room 10, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 19th July, 2013 by 5:00 PM