Job Title: Information Technology and Systems Manager
Organisation: NFT Consult
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Summary: The Information Technology and Systems Manager must be an experienced with technical expertise coupled with an understanding of business and management principles. He/she reports to the Chief Executive Officer and manages and provides hardware and software installation, maintenance, training and consultation, and makes recommendations about future planning and development of resources. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner ensures maximum access to and implementation of technology services and resources. He/she will also be responsible for the computer systems within the company, leading the IT team (in charge of the programmers and technicians), project management, overseeing installations, ensuring backup systems operate effectively, managing the phone systems, purchasing hardware and software, providing the ICT technology infrastructures for all 6 countries in which NFT Consult exists and contributing to organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning.
Key Performance Areas:
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensure that ICT facilities meet these needs;
- Research and install new systems;
- Plan, develop, and implement the ICT budget, obtain competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness;
- Schedule upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Ensure the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Ensure that software licensing laws are adhered to;
- Provide secure access to the network for remote users;
- Ensure the security of data from internal and external attack;
- Provide users with appropriate support and advice;
- Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Mentor and train new ICT staff;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage information technology and computer systems:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for computer systems operations and development
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures
2. Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software
- Be familiar with all hardware and software and network operating system
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating systems
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
3. Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access
- Troubleshoot all technology issues
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Provide network access to all staff
- Monitor security of all technology
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
4. Perform other related duties as required during working hours
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The job holder should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Technical problem-solving and troubleshooting
- Computer viruses and security
- Experience with Open Source would be an added advantage
- E-mail and internet programs
- Management and supervisory skills
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks
- Team building skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Good written communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and website development programs at a highly proficient level
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Action orientated, honest and trustworthy, Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, flexibility.
How to Apply:
Please abide by these instructions else you may be bound to disqualification.
- Write an Application letter and CV/Resume.
- Merge these two documents into one document in either word or PDF format.
- Please do not attach or send any scanned documents. These are sometimes too large for our inbox.
- Send your application, please click "Apply to Position"
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly