Organisation: Ministry of Health
Project: The Global Fund Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Grant
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
Uganda signed the Round 10 Health System/Community Strengthening (HSS/CSS) grant with the Global Fund on 15th December 2011. The grant is intended to support strengthening the national and community health systems to improve service delivery and reporting.
Job Summary: The Information, Communication Technology Focal Person will be responsible for Information Communication Technology (ICT) database management and software, providing primary technical guidance on Information Communication Technology (ICT) to the RPMT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for coordinating the Information Communication Technology (ICT) support to districts, facilities and communities; operationalizing the national electronic database and preparing electronic data input tools to help in strengthening capacity for data and information management within under the region. b) Participate in support supervision visits to provide training and ongoing mentoring to core information and management staff at district, facility and community levels.
· The ICT person will perform regular site visits to support records officers/data clerks and monitor data improvement requirement, identify weaknesses, TA needs, lessons learnt, and best practices.
· Provide technical assistance for establishment of district and regional electronic data and information hubs to capture performance improvements and implementation of HSS and CSS programs in this application.
· Develop electronic inventory systems to capture all equipment.
· Study, recommend and participate in harmonization of the software platforms for data capture, storage, analysis, sharing, linkage, dissemination and utilization of stakeholder Management Information System (MIS) that meets timelines for the Progress Update/Disbursement Requests (PU/DR) and other required reports
· Facility updates of the electronic systems and link to FMIS and Ministry of ICT
· Provides guidance for policy guidelines on standard ICT operating procedures.
· Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
· Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
· Supporting the roll-out of new applications
· Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
· Testing and evaluating new technology.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by team leader.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ICT Focal person should hold a Bachelors of Information Technology from a recognized university with at least three years of ICT practice.
· At least three years of working experience in ICT administration and support is required.
· Prior work experience with Arc View, Health Map and use of GIS applications will be of an added advantage.
· Experience working in an ICT position in a health related field is an added advantage.
· Computer knowledge in spreadsheets, statistical software, computer programming, and all MS Office applications is a MUST.
· Competences in management, team building skills, knowledge of policies and guidelines that impact on Reproductive Health, Malaria, HIV/AIDS and TB are preferred.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications should submit a copy of their curriculum vitae (CV), academic documents and cover letter to; The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health Headquarters, Plot 6 Lourdel Road Nakasero, Kampala, Room 0213, Uganda.
Deadline: Friday, 23rd July, 2013 by 12:00 Noon
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline