Job Title: FSL Assistant Program Manager
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Kaabong, Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an international humanitarian NGO. For over thirty years it has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities in Lira, Gulu, Amuru, Nwoya, Kaabong, Napak and Moroto Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the PM in the day to day follow up of programs in Kaabong District.
- Assist the PM in identifying and giving training to ACF staff and other actors supporting our programmes, where necessary and when requested.
- Oversee the work of the ACF Officers (Field Supervisors and Community Facilitators) in Kaabong District.
- Under the PM’s guidance, oversee the quality of FSL and anticipated DRR related data collection including protocols and weekly, monthly and reports situational reports.
- Assist the PM in plan orders, expenditures, proper budget follow up, monthly cash forecasts and logistic orders- including proper accountability and efficient management of FSL stocks/stores.
- In the absence of PM, ensure the overall programme management of activities in Kaabong.
- With PM, is responsible for internal and external reports like weekly (FSL Sitrep), monthly, quarterly and final reports with respect of the formats and deadlines with all indicators;
- With PM, ensure that reporting is followed
according to guidelines and formats.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor of Science in agriculture, development studies or social science-related (degree);
- At least three years related work experience;
- Experience in implementation of projects under food for work and/or cash for work;
- Experience in developing training materials and facilitating workshops;
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies, and monitoring and reporting;
- Excellent knowledge of local area (agricultural practices, seasons, seed varieties, cultural habits, geographic area of assignment – including road and village locations).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Ngakarimojong an asset;
- Excellent computer literacy skills (MS Office and spreadsheets, analytical software is assets
How to Apply:
All applications should include a cover letter, CV with at least three referees, copies of academic certificates and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not exceed 3 MB. Address your email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “FSL APM – Kaabong” in the subject line. Emails exceeding 3 MB will be automatically rejected. This job advert can also be accessed by logging on to www.futureoptionsug.com hot jobs section. - Address your hard copy application to the Head of Base, ACF Kaabong Office, or to Base Administrators in ACF bases in Uganda – Gulu, Kampala, and Moroto.
NB: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 19th July, 2013 at 5:00pm
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our
facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline