Organisation: Busoga University
Duty Station: Iganga, Uganda
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Job Summary: The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Finance & Administration) will offer leadership, guidance, coordination and direction in the directorates within the division.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as accounting officer and be responsible for the management and administration of University financial and human resources;
- Provide and maintain an effective budgeting planning and auditable process for ensuring strict compliance with all approved budgets each financial year;
- Propose for enactment and coordinate robust Human Resources policies, procedures and systems that attract and retain qualified and experienced personnel;
- Ensure that the University delivers high quality services to all its stakeholders;
- Ensure the development, deployment and support of an information technology strategy throughout the University for management students academic and administrative needs;
- Custodian of the University seal, policies and documents;
- Design and co-ordinate procurement policies and procedures that would ensure the University receives quality services from suppliers and gets value for its money;
- Keep and maintain inventory of all University assets;
- Keep and maintain all types of University Insurances;
- Coordinate preparation of financial statements, budgets, reports and auditing of University income and expenditure for presentation to management and boards for approval.
- Liaise with Financial Institutions such as banks, relevant government offices, suppliers, creditors, student, staff and faculty/department on various management and technical issues.
- Develop and implement all fiscal, administrative policies and appropriate procedures to ensure common understanding in the performance of duties and responsibilities and align them to the University’s strategic plan. The job holder must constantly monitor the operations direction in line with the strategic plan of the University.
- Ensure each department has access to policies and procedures to ensure continued service delivery.
- Any other duties as may be prescribed by the Vice Chancellor in his advancement of the University.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective candidate should be of strong faith and integrity, a committed Christian, a Member of the Church of Uganda, or of other congregation in the Anglican Communion of Churches which are in fellowship with the Church of Uganda;
- At least five (5) years progressive experience in finance and administration management processes at a senior level;
- The applicant should have a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree. A Master’s Degree in Administration, Management or Finance. and/or professional qualifications in Finance and/or administration will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated strong team leadership skills and demonstrable knowledge of strategic planning; excellent behavior and technical competencies including but not limited to accountability, assertiveness and self confidence, concern for quality and standards, ethics and integrity, flexibility, innovativeness, problem solving and decision making, knowledge management, public relations and customer care, result oriented management, self control and stress management.
- Experience in collaborating with many multilateral and bilateral organizations shall be an added advantage
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and negotiating skills;
- Knowledge of national laws and policies in education;
- Competency in MS Office Applications and accounting Software;
- Demonstrable capability for supervision and monitoring of subordinates/departments dispersed across the University;
- Age: 40- 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitable candidates should send an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae, vision statement, and statement of faith together with names, addresses (postal & email) and telephone numbers of three referees. Also Attach copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts
AND Attach a copy of birth Certificate or relevant page of passport
Clearly indicate the position for which you are applying on the left hand side of envelop
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O Box 154,
Email applications should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org>
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 29th July 2013 by 5.00pm