Job Title: Business Services Supervisor AM1
Organisation: Compassion International
Reports to: Ministry Services Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Compassion International is an evangelical Christian Child Development NGO that for over sixty years has existed as an advocate for children, to release them from poverty and enable them to become responsible and mature Christian adults.
Job Summary: The Business Services will oversee the day-to-day purchasing, facilities and fleet operations to ensure effective management of physical resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under self supervision, the job holder will be an advocate for children around the world who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves. This includes being informed about the issues of children and influencing others to care about children who are in need
- Manages the purchasing and service contracts. Selects and manages ongoing relationships with external suppliers (for example: cleaning, maintenance contractors, equipment and furniture vendors, landscaping and others) to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service. Conducts regular cost comparisons and open bidding on services and supplies.
- Manages country office vehicle fleet and ensure their regular maintenance. Coordinates scheduling and availability of vehicles
- Supervises facility utilization and maintenance. Works toward optimal utilization of office space and compliance with Compassion global facility guidelines as appropriate.
- Ensures healthy and clean facility. Responsible to provide security measures to create/ maintain a safe and secure office environment. Oversees security personnel and contracts.
- Supervise a team of support staff to ensure a safe, secure, healthy and clean working environment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The job holder should possess a degree in Business Management/ Administration or comparable work experience.
- Past Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and experience in facilities management including basic maintenance knowledge of generators, vehicles and physical buildings.
- Mature Christian, based on evangelical Christian values; a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and above reproach in integrity and honesty
- Strong organization and coordination skills.
- Customer service mentality.
- The applicant should possess a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with Compassion International should send a cover letter, recommendation from your previous employer if applicable, detailed curriculum vitae, three professional references, reference letter from your current Pastor, copies of academic qualification documents / testimonials to: The Sr. Human Resources Specialist, Compassion International, P.O. Box 8936 Kampala – Uganda.
NB: Please indicate the position applied for on the right hand corner of the envelope. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews .
Deadline: 17th July 2013 by 5:00pm